Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Itty Bitty Taters Bento

Today's bento features cute little potatoes I got from Armstrong Valley Farm. Tom grows really great tubers and other veggies. I love his beets, garlic, and greens. These little taters are super tiny and were fun to prepare.

This bento contains: steamed edamame, tamagoyaki omelette, steamed broccoli, apple pieces and an apple "rabbit" made with apple from Lambert's Apples, and boiled potatoes tossed in a taragon vinaigrette topped with sauteed orange pepper from Quivira Winery and Farms.

My buddy and I have reviewed another Santa Rosa restaurant on our blog: Two Girls, One Restaurant. This time we went to a sushi restaurant in Railroad Square. Be sure to check it out and follow us, especially if you are in the Bay Area or plan a visit to Sonoma County.

I added this bento to Shannon's What's for Lunch Wednesdays Blog. Check it out for great bento ideas.

8 comments:

  1. Little but so compact! This is quite filling and beautiful color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lia! I was happy with all of the different flavors in this bento, it really came out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mini taters; they're so so cute! Nice veggie bento arrangement that looks filling and satisfying. Lovely tamagoyaki too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sheri! This one was really good, but now I am craving chocolate. AAAG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bento looks perfect for me. It's beautiful and looks oh-so-tasty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mini taters, they;re super cute ...
    great bento as always ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lyndsey, wish I could share it with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much Lina! Your comments are so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete