Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sonoma County Restaurant Week

Maybe it's the tail end of this sickness I am getting over. Maybe it's the bizarre weather (wind storms, sunshine, hail, sideways rain, sunshine). I am just not super inspired for bento right now. I mean, look at this:

This is my bento today. I am so bored by it, I didn't even eat it. I need a bento intervention! I need some spark, something to get me excited about the great food in Sonoma County again!

Cue Sonoma County Restaurant Week! Last year at this time, the lovely people at the Sonoma County Economic Development Board put together the first ever Sonoma County Restaurant Week to celebrate the amazing restaurants, food purveyors, farmers, wine and beer makers, and general awesome eating environment that is Sonoma County. Over 80 restaurants participated with three-course fixed menus at $19, $29, and $39, depending on the venue. It was a HUGE hit! I went to the girl and the fig, Viola Pastry Boutique, Barn Diva, La Vera Pizza, and at least one other place during Restaurant Week. I had a BLAST and ate so much great food.

The pocket book is a bit tighter this time around, and Mr. Sonoma Bento and I are in the middle of a move, but it wouldn't hurt to go to at least two places would it? I mean, my bento inspiration is at stake here. If you are in Sonoma County, the week of February 21st through February 27th is your time to head out and eat at over 100 different restaurants. Check out the menus ahead of time, make your plan of attack now! I can't wait, I can't wait! (So far I am thinking of heading to Jackson's Bar and Oven, SEA Thai Bistro, and going back to Viola's...)

If you aren't in Sonoma County, road trip!

6 comments:

  1. oh...you know somewhere out there someone would want to trade lunch with you! even though you think it's "bleh", it still has the healthy factor which is good enough for me!

    sounds like it's going to be a fun restaurant week! What better way to start President's day?

    I'm gonna need your help. I've entered myself into a contest and I incorporated bento for us the bento community! Would you mind voting for moi? Get on my blog to get the details! THANKS MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Mrs. P! Yeah, it's not bad, I just need some pizazz. Restaurant Week should give me some fun inspiration. I'm headed to your blog now! Happy to help spread the bento love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SB! The "meh" watermark on your bento above made me LOL! Restaurant Week in Sonoma County sounds like a dream...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how did it go? Are you inspired again? I wish you tons of non-meh bentos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, thanks Bentobird! The 'meh' cracked me up too. :) We've had fun dining at a few cool places during Restaurant Week, but I have to spend so much time with our move that I am not enjoying it the way I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OhayoBento, the pizza we had earlier this week inspired the broccoli dish I had in my latest bento. Chili flakes and olive oil work really well with broccoli or broccoli rabe. Can't wait to get back into the bento groove. :)

    ReplyDelete